Lake Navarino Holiday Park traces it's origins back to the late 1950's when it was decided to build an irrigation dam upstream from the Drakes Brook Weir, on the outskirts of Waroona.
To accommodate the building of the Waroona Dam, a construction camp was built nearby to the Dam site. After the construction was completed in 1966, the camp was leased to the Shire of Waroona and turned into a caravan park. In the mid 1980's, responsibility for the caravan park was handed to the Department of Conservation and Land Management (CALM) who have since leased the caravan park to private enterprise.
In 1992, the name was changed to Lake Navarino Holiday Park, after the historical name of the main water supply for the Waroona Dam, Navarino Stream. The name of the stream has since been changed to Drakes Brook. In August 2013 the business name changed to Lake Navarino Holiday Park.
In 2002/03 the reservoir was completely drained for a major upgrade to the dam wall and a new spillway, good rains in 2004/05 refilled the reservoir to its highest level since 1999 of 98% capacity.
Over the years, Lake Navarino Holiday Park has modernised and developed to include more self-contained accommodation, powered camping/caravan sites, new ablutions, laundrette, shop/kiosk and a licensed games room.
Why not come and see it for yourself? Don't forget, you can browse our accommodation and make a booking right here on our website.